Audits for Special Report
The most common type of special report purpose is the Report on Agreed-Upon Procedures (AUP) under the International Standard on Related Services. The primary objective of AUP engagements if for the auditor to carry out procedures of an audit nature to which the auditor and the entity and any appropriate third parties have agreed and to report on factual findings.
Typical AUP engagements include:
- Company Inventory Valuation- to ensure compliance with the company's accounting policy on inventory including any related write downs resulting from slow moving or obsolete products.
- Report on Special Purpose Audit (under International Standard on Auditing 800).
- Report on Financial Statements Prepared in Accordance with a Comprehensive Basis of Accounting other than International Accounting Standards or National Standards.
- Reports on a Component of Financial Statements.
- Reports on Compliance with Contractual Agreements.
- Reports on Summarized Financial Statements.